Friday, December 12, 2014

Natalie and Véronique and Topi and Luca vs. Mozart's C-minor Benedictus (Audio only)


Well, here is the Benedictus from this recording. The one chance for the bass soloist to sing! Think what other goodies the tenor and bass might have ended up with, if Mozart had managed to complete this Grand Mass!  

I like Natalie, but she's not my first choice to top this quartet*. Meanwhile, I love Véronique, Topi, and Luca; and the chorus is quite good. The timpanist seems heavy-handed; but it is the "end" of the mass. I guess he wanted it to sound really final.

References to this recording indicate that the score has been "revised" by Louis Langree. This means I now have to do some research to find out what exactly he felt he had to do to "fix" the work.



*One soprano in particular I enjoy hearing in this mass is Miah Persson.

2 comments:

  1. loved it!

    (what's up with your first link?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! me too.

      (That link was all messed up because in the time I was not blogging, I forgot how to create a proper link. It should be working now.)

      Delete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...